Ski School

Ava is a dramatic child - she gets that from me. When she is happy - she is ecstatic. When she is sad - it's like the world is going to fall apart. Rarely would I ever classify her as "emotionless," but that is what her Ski School instructor said she was all day.

While on our family vacation in Colorado, we decided to put Ava in ski school for a day. She was excited to do it, after all her two older cousins were doing it too! We arrived early to check her in, get all of her gear on, and get her settled. She was so excited, until the time came for us to leave her there. She cried like she's never cried before. I was certain it would be only a matter of minutes before my cell phone rang to go get her. I was wrong. She stayed all day. We snuck over at lunch time to check on her and see what they were doing and we got to watch her go down the hill for the first time. She held on so tight to that pole as her instructor guided her down, but she got right back in line to go up and try it again.

I was so proud that she was doing it. It was such an independent thing for her to do. I just wish she would have had more fun. She wasn't miserable, because she wasn't crying. But I don't think she loved it, because she never cracked a smile. Her instructor was right, she was for once, emotionless.

*this was the picture we took of her when we picked her up, when she was done for the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment